You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

It's Official

Mine is located just to the left and below the ignition switch.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Found it thanks.

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

I have mine hard wirex in

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Purchased the VMSPC from SilverLeaf and purchased the recommended RCA Cambio 10" tablet back in July. Downloaded the software and installed on an old PC. Hooked the PC to the VMSPC and it worked, copied the program to the tablet and could not get it to communicate. After weeks of trial and error I discovered that after copying the program from the PC to the tablet I failed to install the drivers onto the tablet. Got the tablet to communicate and all is good. Still not happy with the gauge set up but it works and I now want to see how accurate my temperature gauges are.

Last weekend we (the wife and our Great Dane) set off to the Trail of Tears State Park in Missouri. That is about a 90 mile drive for us. With the silver leaf turned on and working we get on I-55 and head south, the engine and transmission temperatures are all reading on the low end but very close together - dash vs VMSPC. We drove no more than 10 miles when the tablet screen jumps to a windows update mode and I can not see the VMSPC gauges at all.

After parking I updated the tablet and got the VMSPC running. I had a big sigh of relief when I finally saw that my true engine temperatures were reading 30 degrees less than my dashboard gauges. Dashboard read 225 degrees and VMSPC read 195 degrees. Now I just need to fine tune the display on the silver leaf.

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

VMSpc offers an enormous amount of flexibility in which gauges are displayed, the size, type and configuration of each gauge as well as the placement of gauges. Make sure you run the PID sniffer to determine which codes are being read so you will have a complete list of available information.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Joe, photo below shows how I set up my dash.  If you send me your email address, I think I can attach the program for this setup in a reply email.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica