You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#270 1991 For Sale

(06-11-2017, 07:56 AM)D.Troit Wrote:  @"Newell270" ,   Did your coach sell this time?

Not on eBay, but a deposit has been put down on it from a guy in Nebraska.

Well it's kind of sad, but as of this past Friday, I sold 270 to a great guy in Nebraska. Having made plans for a trip to Atlanta anyway, I offered to drive it as far as Oklahoma City and then fly on from there, but shorten the drive to just Albuquerque instead. Of course these plans were made early in June and I never considered that my last driving trip would also turn into an endurance test. Leaving So California around 10am, where the weather was perfect, I didn't expect to encounter record breaking heat on the entire trip. And for some reason, I always seem to forget that I-40 dips below sea level up to 7400ft as you get to Flagstaff. I can't say I wasn't a little nervous driving through the desert and up that steep rise in altitude with the execissive heat, but she drove through it without issue. The one unexpected surprise was when the new owner tried to start it for the first time and nothing. Everything else worked, but it wouldn't turn over. But fortunately it turned out the heat must have caused a solenoid to stick, becuse after taping on it with a wrench, the engine fired right up.  

The new owner plans to join this forum soon and I will continue to read the posts as I'm always interested.

glad it all worked out good for both of you

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We saw this coach on I-25 Friday in Albuquerque. Also noticed Chester's coach in Los Lunas. 2 Newells in less than 50 miles.

Well....I'm sorry to say that the new owner of this couch passed away....or so his "wife" says...

I haven't sold the RV so far,I must say it is in great condition.I'll sell it for $10000 which includes shipping fees.
Unfortunately I need to sell it as my husband just passed away and I don't use it anymore. I have it stored and ready for delivery in
Chicago,IL. For the sale I will use eBay protection program which will cover us both, I will post the ad on eBay and everything
will go through them this way we are safe.So , if you wish to know more about the process let me know and I will send info and pictures.
Thanks!

Angry

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

(09-19-2017, 09:01 AM)Floridian Wrote:  Well....I'm sorry to say that the new owner of this couch passed away....or so his "wife" says...

I haven't sold the RV so far,I must say it is in great condition.I'll sell it for $10000 which includes shipping fees.
Unfortunately I need to sell it as my husband just passed away and I don't use it anymore. I have it stored and ready for delivery in
Chicago,IL. For the sale I will use eBay protection program which will cover us both, I will post the ad on eBay and everything
will go through them this way we are safe.So , if you wish to know more about the process let me know and I will send info and pictures.
Thanks!
Angry

Mmmmmhh.....I've should have said that this is a scam not a real ad. Just to let you guys know (no PM asking for details, please).

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

I'm a little confused. Is there a coach for sale around $10k? And pictures or other data. You can contact me at [email protected] or call me direct at 423 320-3528. Thanks very much

no there is not. it is a ebay scammer who took the pictures and verbage from when the coach was actually for sale and made a listing to try and scam folks out of money. same thing happens on craigslist. not the first newell to appear in one of these.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(09-20-2017, 08:15 AM)encantotom Wrote:  no there is not.  it is a ebay scammer who took the pictures and verbage from when the coach was actually for sale and made a listing to try and scam folks out of money.  same thing happens on craigslist.  not the first newell to appear in one of these.  

tom
270 lives in Nebraska and the owner is very much alive, and I'm pretty sure his wife wouldn't give it away for $10,000 either. 
Do you think these scammers have any clue that the price they ask is the biggest red flag?