You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Renting your Newell

ran across this today just interesting data on the rental fees for a 2006 newell

tom

https://www.outdoorsy.com/rv-rental/want...77-listing

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The rig #765 was listed about 2 years ago. The FB page is still active.

https://www.facebook.com/2006Newellandtrailer

I have seen the debate about whether someone would rent out or not. But what is more interesting to me is the price at $1700.00. Of course we only have that one price. And it may be a bit high or low, I don't know. But lets just assume it is right, plus or minus, as is any other data point.

That empirical number makes me think....

OK. I could rent a ski place in Aspen for that price. Or a cottage on Cape Cod. Or pretty nice digs in the south of France. All those.

Eric

(12-22-2018, 05:48 PM)edkunkel Wrote:  But what is more interesting to me is the price at $1700.00...

OK. I could rent a ski place in Aspen for that price. Or a cottage on Cape Cod. Or pretty nice digs in the south of France. All those.

But, Eric, what if you don't ski, were scarred as a child by Jaws, and have an eternal fear of speaking French & flying...just sayin'! :-D

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Given the averages, I figured that coach costs about 550 a day to operate. So if you were to rent it out, the 1700 is believable. Assuming there is something, call it a Real Cost, which is thought of as being between those two. Kind of a price between the Ask and Bid.

That Real Cost, not sure if its closer to the Ask or Bid. Maybe 1000/day for a 06?

(12-22-2018, 06:19 PM)BobALou Wrote:  
(12-22-2018, 05:48 PM)edkunkel Wrote:  But what is more interesting to me is the price at $1700.00...

OK.  I could rent a ski place in Aspen for that price.   Or a cottage on Cape Cod.   Or pretty nice digs in the south of France.  All those.

But, Eric, what if you don't ski, were scarred as a child by Jaws, and have an eternal fear of speaking French & flying...just sayin'!  :-D

Robert,

I am a wee bit phobic about all of those.  To one degree or another.    Can't put a number on that though .....

Eric

The cost to rent is about $1000 per day. It does depend on the condition of the coach along with many other factors. I own an RV rental company and have been renting diesel units for over 20 years. Most of our units are privately owned and we split the income with the owners. Over the years our pattern seems to lean more toward receiving RVs with gremlins in them...maybe hard to sell units. We have overcome most of those hurdles by learning how to fix units ourself. Many owners comment the condition of their RVs as immaculate or perfect prior to us picking them up. Everyone has a different opinion of what clean is and what perfect or immaculate means. We have a Newell and it has been spotted by a Guru early in its fleet participation. The owner neglected her severely and she (the coach) has been a whiney b%^&h. Newell used to be my favorite coach and the one I would tell everyone was the best. After the service I received at the factory and the way I was treated by Karl I doubt I will recommend their product as the best. I have nearly $80k into this coach now and can not walk away from it...but she is sophisticated, not for a rookie and typically does go out with a driver.

I would agree that the newer Newells are sophisticated and not something that a person can be comfortable with after a 30 minute orientation. Mine is older and much less sophisticated so easier to learn but I spend hours going through it system by system learning how to fully operate my coach. I would be concerned about renting out a recent model Newell and expecting someone to learn how to operate it in a short orientation. Providing a driver to deliver it and set it up for a rental customer would certainly make me feel more comfortable as an owner. These are very expensive units with complex systems and to expect them to be plug and play is unrealistic.

I think Newell does a good job of making their coaches user friendly but they have so many systems that if understood can be overwhelming and if not properly maintained can get ahead of you quickly.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Well, my son last week asked if he and his family could borrow it for a week trip. Uh, only if you spend lots of time learning all the systems. Hopefully that will put him off. I think it would be cheaper for me to drive them up to a cabin somewhere that I pay for.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

You also need a class B license.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

(01-19-2019, 06:12 PM)qcj Wrote:  You also need a class B license.

Only in certain states, Kansas does not require a class B license.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks