You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New generstor

Will be installing a new generator. Trying to decide between going back with the power tech or maybe a Martin..best gen man you assistance and opinions really matter.. also am putting in A new inverter.. currently have a xantrex inverter.. I know there is differenced between that and the outbacks that are going in the new coaches.. can someone educate meSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Have had both generators, both are fine quality, Martin has great support. For inverter, might look at Magnum or Victron hybrid models. They have the ability to supply battery inverter assistance to shore power for large loads if you are stuck with 15 or 20 amp shore power.
Have Outback now and happy with it but will upgrade to hybrid soon.

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Marc, I am biased since Jim Martin is a personal friend and we are a service center for Martin.  Newell is using Martin which says a lot.  I've worked on both and prefer the Yanmar engine over the Kubota simply because they are direct injection.

Currently I'm using a pure sine wave 3KW Xantrex and it is performing well.  The Outback and Magnum also seem to be good units however, I defer to more experienced users on this forum.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Gordon I may choose to come to your shop for the generator swap/ inverter.. do you have time in the next couple of weeks...

Marc Newman

My inverters have been replaced twice since I bought my coach from newelll two years ago, if that tells you anything. They were under warranty so not a huge issue for me but if it happens again I'm out on the outback!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

I am going with the xantrex freedom. Gonna add remote gen start and they have an internet interface that allows you to monitor everything from your phone remotely.

Marc Newman