You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Xantrex Auto Gen start

Has anyone installed a Xantrex auto Gen start in your Newell?  Without a wiring diagram for our coach this maybe a challenge.  If anyone has would appreciate any advice since we don't have a diagram!

Thanks
Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Pam. Think Jeff will find that he can tap right into the gen start switch above the microwave

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Pam,  most Newells use a ground to start, ground to stop scheme.  A grounded wire is connected to the "start" wire to initiate starting and the same sequence for the "stop" operation.  This means three wires and any number of switches.  The switches are momentary contact, spring return to mid position and single pole double throw.  That's likely more than you'll ever need to know!!

The Xantrex module (809-0915) will have several types of connections, pick the one that suits your requirement.  Some sets require a "preheat" prior to start.

The Later Newells are using an autostart controller using a two wire control.  Close the two wires together and leave connected for as long as running is desired.  Opening the two wires causes the set to stop.

More info than you bargained for........

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

(05-31-2017, 05:21 AM)Richard Wrote:  Pam.  Think Jeff will find that he can tap right into the gen start switch above the microwave

Richard,
Yes I think that is where he is looking at.  I went in and looked behind the panel and seen way too many wires for me!  LOL
He will look more into it this evening and coming weekend! 

Thanks
Pam

(05-31-2017, 06:17 AM)bestgenman Wrote:  Pam,  most Newells use a ground to start, ground to stop scheme.  A grounded wire is connected to the "start" wire to initiate starting and the same sequence for the "stop" operation.  This means three wires and any number of switches.  The switches are momentary contact, spring return to mid position and single pole double throw.  That's likely more than you'll ever need to know!!

The Xantrex module (809-0915) will have several types of connections, pick the one that suits your requirement.  Some sets require a "preheat" prior to start.

The Later Newells are using an autostart controller using a two wire control.  Close the two wires together and leave connected for as long as running is desired.  Opening the two wires causes the set to stop.

More info than you bargained for........

Gordon,

Yes sir it is!  :-)  I'll pass the info on to him this evening!
Thanks
Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo