You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Booth dinette material upholstery

How much material do I need to recover my booth dinette (I would assume this is a standard size) plus the extra cushions for when it slides out?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

My 2007 with the front seat about 6" narrower than the back dinette seat is 10 yards.  I have a curve in the galley and the original owner apparently wanted a little more space to walk through when in camper mode (slides closed).

Hope this helps you some.

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Just had my entire booth dinette re-upholstered by Motorhomes of Texas in Nacagdoches, TX.  They did an excellent job and did it within their estimate and time quoted.  The price was "WAY LESS" than what Newell quoted to do the same job.  PM me if you are interested in what the price was.

Before

After (The wife is happy so all is well!!!)

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing

it looks really nice

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Love the color pop! Nice thing about the neutral laminate is
You can easily change the look changing the upholstery colors

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you Tom and Richard for your kind comments.

Next is changing out the sofa which is lined up for later this month in Elkhart, IN, at Bradd and Hall. We never use the sofa bed for it is downright uncomfortable and the sofa itself kills both my and Janet's back so we are replacing it with the 76” Lambright Dutchboy Theater Seating sofa with inside handles in the same color that is currently in the coach.

I am trying different vendors besides Newell and if they work out it gives me the option to go to them instead of Newell. I will let you know what I think after it is installed on July 25th.

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing

Interesting comment about the sofa. My 95 and 99 have what appears to be the same sofas from Villa. But the back is so much upright on the 99 version that we have to use pillows. Something changed in the frame design that I haven't quite noodled out.

But new sofas are on my winter project list.

Please let us know how your sofa project turns out.

Good to hear from you!!!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Oscar,
Thank you for posting the pictures of your "new" booth dinette and your comments. Motorhomes of Texas did a wonderful job. We have an appointment in the near future at Motorhomes of Texas for them to give us an estimate on reupholstering the backs of our booth dinette. 
We have experienced the same seating difficulty with our sofa. After sitting on the sofa for a few minutes our back's starts hurting. Considering buying taller and stiffer seat cushions to determine if that would make the sofa more comfortable to sit on. Maybe it is the fact that we are just getting older.

Sincerely,
Reese Cantrell