You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air valve to actuate the dump leaking

on my passenger side dump, there is a air valve that actuates the dump valve when you move the electrical toggle switch which is leaking. Tomorrow I will go buy the fittings to cap it off, then maybe I can remove it to see what it is, but was hoping somebody might already know from the picture below.

The air line comes into the unit in the middle of 2 brass fittings that look like air bleed off valves. The lower one is leaking. Anyone familiar with this unit?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

i have did these several times. if you do a search i describe my efforts with it.

they use these for the dump valves on both sides and my bay fridge/freezer slide.

what fails on them is the inner rubber plunger. i have taken many of them apart and all of them failed in the same way.

a new valve is 100-150 bucks. i think you can find the rebuild kits for 30 or so if i remember right.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...dump+valve

i have part numbers in the thread

tom

(06-07-2017, 07:14 PM)encantotom Wrote:  http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...dump+valve

i have part numbers in the thread

tom

Thanks Tom, I found the rebuild kit on eBay, it went up $5 since your post :-)

So the o-rings in the kit will fix the brass exhaust valve from leaking? The picture of the kit did not have the brass exhaust valves.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARO-118597-12-RK...Sw8lpZJaVM

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Hi Mike - I need to try the rebuild Tom suggests. I guess between the two of them ( one on each side of my coach ) they have been a PITA. My present solution, which is easy and inexpensive, was to install a needle valve in the incoming air line to the solenoid pair. When I need to change the position of the dump valve I open the needle valve, hit the switch and then close the valve. No more leaks!

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I had to rebuild mine also. I understand the function of the device is to cushion the the paddle when opening or closing the sewer valve.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

once in a hwile i find them on ebay for 20-30 bucks

you take them apart from the ends using a snap ring pliers

tom

The brass exhaust valves were added by Newell. Adjusting them controls the opening and closing speed.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I did like Russ but also added a switch at that compartment so I could operate the dump without going inside or having the ignition switch on.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337