You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Very subjective questions...lol

Eagle is certainly not a bottom line coach.

I think Michael Day would know for sure, but most all newells 2005 and later have slides. Kitchen layouts vary quite a bit in newells, depending on mid entry or front entry, number of slides, etc. however most kitchens I've seen since 05 are quite large.

My brother had a early 2000 Prevost that I liked a lot but it was very dark inside. Newells are designed to have big windows. The Prevost I've seen had small windows and were very dark inside. I know the newer ones have larger windows. Minor issue to some people so that might not matter for you. Personal taste

I recommend you just go look at a few of both brands and go from there.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

The other really key thing is not systems and slides it is driving them you really need to go drive a well maintained newell and Prevost of the years you are considering that will shape your opinion as well

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have driven a couple Prevost's both the XLII and the H3. The H3 feels a bit top heavy, but both ride, drive and handle like a dream (especially if they have had the 365 front tire upgrade). I have never driven a Newell even a foot. I suspect they probably drive/ride pretty good as well.

Your year range crosses another major milestone for Newells. Most 2004's and all 2005 and later Newells have the ZF suspension with the active steering tag axle. You will not believe the difference in turning radius that makes. The ride is also somewhat different.

The body style also changed dramatically from the Series 2000 body style which had been introduced in 1990 with a front cap redo in 2000, to the taller looking model 2000i introduced in 2005 with the awnings mounted in the buttresses on the top which hides the air conditioners from view as well as having a dramatically restyled rear cap.

Prior to 2004, Newells may have a mid bath with a walk in closet in the rear, a rear bath, or a rear bath with a 1/2 bath mid coach. By 2004, the majority of Newells, but not all, will be rear bath with a mid 1/2 bath.

Floor plans vary extremely from coach to coach. The owner may have asked for a large bedroom (almost all Newells after the mid 1990's have a larger bedroom than most Prevost converters installed), a larger kitchen or a larger salon. The key is EVERY Newell is different. The differences may be minor or they may be major but you can bet they will be different. Through 2004, most, but not all, Newells will have the Detroit Diesel Series 60. In 2005, a larger number of Cat engines were installed and early in 2006 models, Newell ran out of their supply of Detroit engines.

By 2002 there was quite the mixture of 2, 3 and 4 slides. Most 2004 and 2005 Newells will have 4 slides. During the time period you are looking at, 2001 on (and a few 2000) year models will have the Bode air operated entrance door.

Since Newell was designed from the ground up to be a recreational vehicle rather than a bus, the floorplans, layouts and slide sizes and positioning are much more varied than Prevost conversions. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com