You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Replacing an a/c

Does anyone have any experience with replacing a dometic a/c.. are they interchangeable with a Coleman.. is one better than another?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I would think the biggest reason NOT to switch brands from the others,  is the control.  For example, my control is Dometic and one single stat controls the group of four.  Switching brands could pose compatibility issues if just changing one RTU.  If each RTU had it's own stat, the result might be different.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

I agree was just considering... did you find the name of where you bought yours from?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

We have had some issues with our Dometic.   Had a guy in PHX work on it to no avail. (long story)  We ended up going to Newell where they replaced the compressor.  They have found some replacement parts sources.  I would recommend repair if possible before complete replacement if possible.  If you do have someone work on it make sure they read the attached material. It would have saved us north of 1,500 if the guy would have read before working.

Attached Files
.pdf 3101321.036 Duotherm AC.pdf Size: 198.94 KB  Downloads: 43