You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New campground

there is another discussion on what type of rv park. a campground that is for families....so spots for small rigs, tents, medium sized rigs, 30 and 50amp service. some with full hookups, some not, etc.

a rv park that is set up for mostly larger rigs....

an rv resort that is focused only on newer, big rigs. (like rudidoso motor coach ranch)

different clientele for each. i love kids, but do i always want little kids having loud fun around me.....sometimes and sometimes not.

we have all been to KOA'S and to resorts. a pretty wide swing in amenities, rv spots, and people.

i have also stayed at parks where the grumpies like to be and the worst is when the grumpies are the work campers and are on you for everything. (not you clarke)

all these rv's that are being sold are not all 40-45' coaches like most of ours are. alot are smaller and class b and c.

also, do you allow everyone in.....not saying no, but what are the minimum requirements for an rv to be in your park. is granny clampett allowed in her 1973 class C with the bbq bungee corded to the front bumper? alot of the parks we stay at have age restrictions of nothing older than 10 years. but my coach is 16 years old. and they let me in because it looks much newer. but a 16 year old fiberglass rig with decals that has been kept outside its entire life will look a bit older.

once you narrow down the type of park you want, then does the math prove out? ask new park owners how long it takes to get high occupancy rates. i think rarely it is a "build it and they will come" like the baseball park in the movie.

that said, you build a nice one and we will someday come stay in it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I'm thinking that in some areas a park with roomy pull through sites with a power pole only at the site and a water and dump station could be set up as a self serve. Getting good help is now very difficult in some areas of the country.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

We will see how the process goes. It will be a high end park. There is a shortage of places and the ones that are around are not nice places around where I am looking. Except one location. They have a 30 person wait list, 120 sites and they are sites just 10 feet from each other and only 15 feet wide. Owner has no rv'ing experience. Idea is to build 20-30 high end sites when they fill up build 20-30 more. Till you run out of acrage.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701