You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1967 Newell Motor Coach

A 1967 coach...gas engine, updated electrical. A project coach that we can't do because of relocation. Has original interior, except updated appliances. The original TV and A/C unit still work! Would love to see someone restore it...it is a real piece of Americana that I would hate to see lost. Clean title. Located in Camano WA.  Contact me for more info!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks cool - sorry you're not able to continue the project. I have a 1975 I'm knee deep restoring. Looks great from here. I hope someone in the area has the vision to take on the project. Good luck on your sale.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Isn't this the first year Newell began making coaches?

If so, I think it'd be amazing to have a fully restored Newell from year 1! I just don't have the time to put into it. I think it'd be cool if Newell had something like this restored just to showcase at their HQ. In that case, they wouldn't need to fix every system (like someone who was going to use it), they would just need to re do exterior and interior.

If I win the lottery I'd buy it and it'd be the baddest machine around!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Newell purchased a 1967 a number of years ago and drove it to the Wine Country Rally in California on the way back to the factory. After a period of time, they apparently determined that the effort/cost of restoring was more than they wanted to bite into at that time. Of course they were talking about making it showroom fresh throughout (body, drivetrain, interior, etc) so I am certain that the costs would have been astronomical.

Good luck with the sale. I agree it would be a great attention getter with some effort.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(06-15-2017, 07:39 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Newell purchased a 1967 a number of years ago and drove it to the Wine Country Rally in California on the way back to the factory. After a period of time, they apparently determined that the effort/cost of restoring was more than they wanted to bite into at that time. Of course they were talking about making it showroom fresh throughout (body, drivetrain, interior, etc) so I am certain that the costs would have been astronomical.

Good luck with the sale. I agree it would be a great attention getter with some effort.

Thanks! I've been getting a lot of interest, which surprised me. I really hope someone sees the potential in it!