You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New cockpit

After on generator remaoval and install at Gordon's  aka best gen man.. I can say so happy I drove to Ohio to have him do it's I learned sooo much.. inspired me to try some stuff on my own. Installed a freedom sine wave 3000 watt inverter..the new inverters use car 5 not phone line but they have a phone line to cat5 adapter that made remounting the control panel a breesze. I added a 3 camera screen on the left of the driver . An iPad for navigation and weather.. next I think I'll try the vmspc( spelling?) to monitor engine functions.. Not that I know what they mean..I also replaced the dash air compressor.. wow it nice to have dash airSmile I will also replace the number one a/c unit hopefully Friday.

Have all new batteries, genny, inverter, grill head..lightning damage almost all fixed.. transfer switch acting silly and plug has char marks on it.. maybe lightning damage from it not sure.. any opinions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I would replace both plug AND the transfer switch. Do you have surge protection hardwired into the coach?

If not, I would use something like this http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-lchw-hardwires when you install a new transfer switch.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-15-2017, 06:37 AM)Richard Wrote:  I would replace both plug AND the transfer switch. Do you have surge protection hardwired into the coach?

If not, I would use something like this   http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-lchw-hardwires when you install a new transfer switch.

I was told by newell that my transfer switch has surge protection..but I guess this is an extr layer of defense

Marc Newman

I don't think you need a surge protector if you transfer switch has one

My two cents worth

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Some transfer switches have that built in.

It obviously didn't work, or was overwhelmed by the lightning strike. You might want to have it checked out.

What brand and model transfer switch do you have?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I'm actually not sure . I will check tomorrow. On a related subject I was in the roof today preparing for the ac install. And I have significant hail damage.. also 1 week ago I had a water leak for the first time ever on the coach.. what is the proper way to have the hail damage repaired

Marc Newman

There is a technique for repairing hail damage using dry ice, but why bother? But if you want to repair it, you should be able to get information from repair shops in Denver since they deal with this every few years in a big way.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

i agree with chester, why bother?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

My 77 coach had (still has) hail damage. On a 40 year old coach that's called patina.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed