You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What length would this be? 40 or 45? It's a 1989 6v92

Wondering what length this Newell is ? I know it's a 1989 coach. Many problems with a 40 in state parks [amoff][/amoff]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Eric , It has a tag axle so I would say it is 40' or more. Hopefully Michael has more info on this Newell.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Eric, although I have not seen that specific 1989, or at least with that paint job, it would be a 40' since it has the tag axle. All of the 40' 1989's I am aware of used a Detroit Diesel 8V92 with an Allison HT 740 automatic transmission. Recognizing that Newells are custom built, the drive train COULD be different based on customer request but the 8V92 was Newell's "standard" engine for 1989.

As to issues with state parks, it depends on the state. Some state's parks are more accommodating to larger coaches than others. By example, California is notorious for having state parks with really short RV length limits, many in the 28-30' range. Yet eight of theirs will accommodate a 40' https://www.parks.ca.gov/RVlength I would use Google to search on "RV Length restriction ____ State Parks" filling in the states you are most interested in.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com