You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor toilet issues

Mine stopped holding water and the flapper looked like it was not even on the sides. Newell pull the toilet and it had a broken part inside.  Replace the whole unit on the inside of the toilet.  It has worked great since.  I tried greasing the inside the flapper and everything I could before it was replace but did not help.  Hope you have better luck.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Bob

The top and bottom both screw off.
Turn off both water and air pressure before you touch it!
Make a diagram or take pictures of all the connections. You have to remove all connections to get the valve out of the unit. It's a real pain. It helps to loosen the two wing nuts that hold the two black cylinders in place. Once you have the sequencing valve out, use the exploded view diagram in the manual to help with disassembly. Use very light silicone grease when putting it back together.

Check carefully where the vacuum breaker attaches to the toilet. You don't want a water leak there when you flush. I have to fiddle with tha connection almost every time I touch the sequencing valve.

The toilet works by cycling the sequencing valve through a full stroke of a spill inside the valve. As the spool moves it sends air or water to the appropriate line to operate flapper, flush, and water refill. A stuck or malfunctioning sequence valve could explain everything you have described.

You can pay a couple of hundred for a new valve or you can put new o rings available at lowes and silicone grease such as light bulb grease from the auto parts store and have the same result. I find I need to disassemble
And lube the valves about once a year

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks to all with your advice for fixing our toilet. I talked to Mullaney on Thursday and ordered a rebuild kit for the sequence valve and vent as well as a flapper gasket. Spent Saturday afternoon rebuilding the unit and all went well. The sequence valve is kind of intimidating but they do provide instructions. Seems to work fine, will need a few adjustments for water depth and flapper time but that is minor. Total cost was $118.00. Thanks again we really appreciate Newell Guru

glad you got it working for not too much in cost. those parts are expensive, but nothing compared to labor costs....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH