You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

flooring

First of all to answer Ernie's question. I used a underlayment between the floor and the LVT. The LVT was the click together kind intended to float. I glued the underlayment down, and then I glued the LVT to the underlayment.

Second, there is a huge difference between the HWH slide mechanism and the Valid slide mechanism relative to how the flat floor piece moves up and down. In the Valid it basically goes up and down, and in the HWH it pivots into place. The pivoting mechanism requires some adjustment of edges to get it to work. But it is possible, I can show you a living example.

Chester, I do believe that engineered wood is entirely possible in a HWH slide coach. As long as the installer is aware of the pivoting issue and ensures that the level of the flooring on the fixed part of the floor will allow anything (couches, desks, corner pieces, dinette bases) to slide over it. If the fixed flooring is level with the existing granite, those items listed above will not clear the new flooring. Newell depends upon the "give" in carpeting. Hard surfaces have no "give". The solution is simple. Use tapering carpet shims or other material to install the hard surface.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Marius, I stand corrected, and you did an outstanding job. If I were a few years younger I would attempt it using 3/4" prefinished. Wonder why it did not occur to Newell to offer this solution.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

this is what I did

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Beautiful work Ernie.
This must be on a 4 slider with Valid slides, correct ?
Raised Engineered planks or raised subfloor with vinyl flooring ?

MG

The coach is an 06 with 4 slides. Engineered wood, I installed and granite or marble floors which were original

Thanks for pointing out the consideration of weight for tile in addition to other issues to consider. 

The wood would be fine, I just don't know what color wood would work with our cherry veneer interior (pic below).

I would hate to spent the money to go back with light colored carpet, it get dirty so fast and we remove our shoes before we enter. Hmmm....

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

We have the same veneer as you and are installing wood floors next week. We re going with a dark color. I'll post pics when finished

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

(07-17-2017, 08:44 PM)Yachts Wrote:  We have the same veneer as you and are installing wood floors next week. We re going with a dark color. I'll post pics when finished

How did the floor turn out? Do you have any pictures?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

(08-16-2017, 08:03 PM)Land Yacht Wrote:  
(07-17-2017, 08:44 PM)Yachts Wrote:  We have the same veneer as you and are installing wood floors next week. We re going with a dark color. I'll post pics when finished

Love them

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

(08-18-2017, 07:30 AM)Yachts Wrote:  
(08-16-2017, 08:03 PM)Land Yacht Wrote:  

Love them
The floors look very nice! Very quality!
Do you have any pictures how they match up with the cherry veneer and cream soft goods?
Who did the work?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn