You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Campground Review Websites

We are talking about heading over to the Root River area (SE Minnesota) next summer to camp and bike. We hear from a lot of bike riders that their trail system is really great. Wondering what sites you experienced travelers use to source for the best campground reviews?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Todd,
I have found this one to be the best, but you have to read into the reviews. Campgrounds are rated from a low of 1 to a high of 10. A 10 to a person in a tent may not be a 10 to one in a Newell. A ten to a 9' tall class C may not be a ten to a 13' Newell, but it only says reviewer was in a motorhome There is a link to the individual campground's web site and a link to look at where the campground is located that is helpful. I've used the web site since the early 2000s. It is a good guide to help finding campgrounds you like. I have developed my own criteria that is now different than where I used to like to camp when I had my truck camper in the 70s. For the 45 footers I have listed a bunch of parks in a posting that I use & I have started a "45' Newell friendly parks" picture gallery in the photo section. For my own use I have developed a campground spreadsheet that I use when I plan a trip. The spreadsheet has campgrounds I would visit in most of the 48 states-I have no plans to motorhome in Hawaii or Alaska. As I see campgrounds reviewed on the web site that looks good to me, I add them to my spreadsheet.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(12-03-2012, 03:59 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Todd,
I have found this one to be the best, but you have to read into the reviews. Campgrounds are rated from a low of 1 to a high of 10. A 10 to a person in a tent may not be a 10 to one in a Newell. A ten to a 9' tall class C may not be a ten to a 13' Newell, but it only says reviewer was in a motorhome There is a link to the individual campground's web site and a link to look at where the campground is located that is helpful. I've used the web site since the early 2000s. It is a good guide to help finding campgrounds you like. I have developed my own criteria that is now different than where I used to like to camp when I had my truck camper in the 70s. For the 45 footers I have listed a bunch of parks in a posting that I use & I have started a "45' Newell friendly parks" picture gallery in the photo section. For my own use I have developed a campground spreadsheet that I use when I plan a trip. The spreadsheet has campgrounds I would visit in most of the 48 states-I have no plans to motorhome in Hawaii or Alaska. As I see campgrounds reviewed on the web site that looks good to me, I add them to my spreadsheet.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Excellent thank you.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Todd, Elaine and I have been using the same site for years now, and have never been disappointed in our choices based on these reviews. Like Steve says you have to filter out the people who like everything, and those who like very little and find the information that tells you what you want to know. We don't plan out things too far in advance since we travel full time, so this source comes in very handy. We usually start with trying to find a Passport America park in the area we plan to stop in, and then check it out on RV Park Reviews.com. If we are looking for something free, or extremely inexpensive we start with the "Days End Directory" put out by "The Escapees". You have to belong to Ecapees (SKP's) to subscribe to the directory. We have found wonderful free, and cheap spots there.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com