You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

storage bay dimensions

I have been looking exclusively at '00 and '01 and '02 models, but when looking I have forgotten each time to measure the bay dimensions. I have a couple storage items such as a mountain bike and a tool box that I would like to mount in the bays.  In each that I have looked at I would have what seems like one full width bay with slide and one of the smaller width bay.  If someone happens to have the dimensions (width and height) I would be very appreciative.

Jeff
2001 Marathon XLII Prevost
Selling stuff to hit the road

Jeff

We carry a tandem and sometimes one road bike and one my bike. They will not stand upright in the bay with the front wheel removed. If I remove wheels
And seatpost I can get all three in the full
Width bay

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard for the info.

Anyone else perhaps able to measure the height dimension by chance? With or without a slide drawer would be fine.

Jeff

Jeff,

I have an 01 triple slide. Here are the dimension:

Wide bay:  43.5" wide at opening, 26" high at bottom of coach framework. 
Skinny bay:  25.25" wide, same height 

Keep in mind that you have the door mechanisms on both sides of each bay that eat into your width slightly at the top 10". 

Bryan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Bryan thank you very much!

That's perfect and really helps! Now I can plan my mounting a bit and see how it pans out. Trying to determine if it's practical to have a bike in bay or suck it up and buy a LetsGoAero enclosed hitch mount that I could put on the hitch. Taking the rear tire on and off is a total hassle.

Jeff

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

One more thing to keep in mind, is that the ducting for basement air eats about five inches of headroom in the bay if you are thinking of rolling in the bike with seat and rear wheel in place. Roof air coaches don't have that issue. I am a long term cyclist and in the way rv life for years. There is only one coach that allows you to roll in the bike as described above, prevost h3-45

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad