You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Getting coach home - the first trip saga

That's kind of funny because Tom told me he measured 32" as well.

I apparently just get the bad luck of having to remind Newell that they used the 32" fan back in this era.

But who am I to complain. Half the time I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone 17 years ago.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

I'm 32" too!

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I guess I can take "Small fan" out of my signature then.... Good thing, I was starting to get a complex.

Paul
Coach #540

This is my one complaint about Newells----Their product documentation is the worst.  I've heard their excuses & none of them work for me.  They do things from memory and some times are not right.  On my Country Coach I had every part on the coach listed with a part number.  Sorry, but no excuses for Newell on this one!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Spot on Steve!

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(07-30-2017, 07:00 PM)pestes Wrote:  Yes, it's definitely aluminum.

So, made it home today, picked up Kelly and the dogs and headed to a nice creekside camping spot in Pigeon Forge.

And the good news! Kelly likes the coach!   Even with the problems so far, we'll keep her!   Wink

Does anyone need a circa 1999 42" plasma monitor? Or a VCR? Or a 20" CRT? They're going for cheap!   Wink

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and help. And to Tom for the helpful and sympathetic ear.

Hi Paul,
I have change the tv & sound systems in my 96 and 04 and replaced with HD high def. I am home in Jefferson City and you are welcome to come and look at what I did. Give me a call if you like at 865-712-5610.  
Ron

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Thanks Ron!

We're pretty slammed trying to get all of the projects done to get our house on the market ASAP but if we end up with some time before heading out of the area, I'd love to come see your setup for ideas. A new TV is definitely on the list for us. I'm curious how others have mounted a new TV. I briefly saw the mount in Tom's, which was substantially different than 540's. In 540 the plasma is attached to the "plexiglass with viewport", which is hinged at the top. Two pins hold it in place. I think I'll need to devise some sort of VESA mount and then have the plexiglass swing down in front of it and latch.

Paul
Coach #540