You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How often is your compressor comes out ?

Les,
If your leak is at a "push in" type air fitting, I would advise you to replace them with a compression type fitting. That is what I did to get rid of my leak.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Chester, larry , Goron & Steve,

Thanks you for great advise and sugestions.
As Gordon have mentioned thsi hose is short and on angle and i notices as teh images shows that is not fitting all the way in, after pushing & twisting in i was able to seat it in , but again I would never trust thsi to work!

What I did in mean time , I used sealer type silicone and just covered whole area, I did this to test other areas for more laeks!

I will do as Steve sugested and either get new hose with good locking ring or as Gordon sugested just replace last 6" sections of it .
Push type fitting end of the hose with out any locking ring around is not good in my opinion aspecilally where you deal with none flexeble hose as this one is , is just not much bend to it , it feels like had plastic type hose.

Thsi small hose leak made the 110V compressor working double time ( extra 23 mnutes in each cycle )

I do like the Chester idea placement of teh compressor in teh Generator's bay, I have to look in to ist if there is room to perhaps move it! clever idea!

Best,
Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I have one more qestion about the copressor.
What is this compressor & holding tank uses air for ?

- 3 air doors ( in my case Newell 2001 model )
- One air toilet
- 2 air seals for both slides
- air brakes
- air suspension bags
Do I have the list right & missing something else!

Learning as much about my coach is the name of the game here , the more , the better!

Thank you!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

(12-03-2012, 07:30 PM)les korcala Wrote:  I have one more qestion about the copressor.
What is this compressor & holding tank uses air for ?

- 3 air doors ( in my case Newell 2001 model )
- One air toilet
- 2 air seals for both slides
- air brakes
- air suspension bags
Do I have the list right & missing something else!

Learning as much about my coach is the name of the game here , the more , the better!

Les,

If your Newell is like mine you have 2 auxillary air compressors.

The 120v compressor is located around the front of the coach; either in the first front bay on driver's side, or first front bay on passenger side, or in the generator compartment. The 120v compressor provides air to the air bags for leveling when you are at a campground. And it provides air for your toilet, pocket air doors, and for the air seals around the sliderooms.

You have a 2nd 12v auxillary air pump which provides air to the toilet, pocket air doors, and the air seals around the sliderooms.

You should have an on/off switch above the microwave for each of the 2 auxillary air pumps.

If you do not have any air bags leaks or leaks anywhere else in your leveling system you can turn off the 120v auxillary air pump so you don't have to listen to it kicking on and running for 2-4 minutes. If you choose to turn the 120v pump off be sure to turn the 12v pump on. The 12v pump is very quiet.

The 120v pump serves as a back-up to the 12v pump; but the 12v pump can NOT back up the 120v pump - it just isn't large enough.

So to review, if you are in a campground and the 120v air pump kicks on every 30 minutes and you don't want to listen to it - turn it off. Then make sure the 12v auxillary air pump is on so that your toilet will flush, your pocket doors will open, and your slideroom seals will stay inflated with air.

Thank you!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Regarding the above, I find it hard to believe that the small 110v and 12v compressors provide air for the brakes and air bags. Perhaps the air bags only when parked. Can someone shed some light on this?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

The 110V compressor, as Tuga stated, airs up the entire system. The 12V compressor only airs up the air toilet, dump valves, pocket doors & slide seals.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

As I mentioned above im my qestion & list of components suplay by air, I would think as well that 110v compressor ( mine is same set up as Tuga's ) in the right front side bay ) this compressor suplay air to the good size tank , it looks like scuba diving tank.
I can not remeber right now but each time you ope your air door its like 4-7 psi of air 1 and when you full timing , you do open that door many times.
Tuga,
this is great info on turning your main pump and 110v compressor off while at camground and using 12v pump & compressor.

I have to try it , but first need to check for other air leaks ! so far so good ! 57 minutes of silance bewteen cycles!

Would you know where are the 12v pump and compressor is located in your coach?

I atached images of the bay where my 11v copressor is located, I think is same configuration as Tuga's coach.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

(12-04-2012, 08:33 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Regarding the above, I find it hard to believe that the small 110v and 12v compressors provide air for the brakes and air bags. Perhaps the air bags only when parked. Can someone shed some light on this?

Your high capacity engine driven air compressor provides the air for brakes, air bags, etc. when the coach is on the road. The spring brakes keep your drive and tag axle brakes engaged when you are parked, and if you have your air leaks under control, the air bags need very little replenishment while parked

Les,
Open your AquaHot compartment on the right side of your coach. There are two doors. Open the door on the left. Look inside to the left. Your 12V air compressor should be mounted over the sewer tube. Looks like this.............................

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(12-04-2012, 01:07 PM)rheavn Wrote:  Les,
Open your AquaHot compartment on the right side of your coach. There are two doors. Open the door on the left. Look inside to the left. Your 12V air compressor should be mounted over the sewer tube. Looks like this.............................

Thanks Steve,
I have spend several days in Aqua Hot bay ( replaced both elements )
Yes, I have same compressor in the same spot, I could not tell what wha component was thsi one!

Thanks for let me know location of it.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb