You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How often is your compressor comes out ?

Les,
I did change the air fittings myself. I was able to get the compression style fittings at NAPA.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Chester,
Sounds like your 12V compressor is suffering from lack of use. Using it will loosen it up, or at least it has mine. Your 12V compressor should come on around 30 psi and shut off about 55 psi. It does run for a shorter time because it is only filling the small air storage tank that is located in the right drive wheel well. The 12V compressor only services the low pressure air systems for your slide seals, air toilets, air dump valves, and air pocket doors. I would not advise raising the air pressure on the 12V compressor.

The 110V compressor fills all 10 air tanks on your coach, including the one in the right drive wheel well that the 12V compressor fills. It comes on at 80 psi and shuts off at 110 psi. It does run longer, but it is filling many more air systems and larger air tanks.

If you take the covers off the pressure switches you should see a label with the pressure switch specs.

Hope this is helpful............................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Tom, looks like you answered my questions. The 12v comes on at 30 and off at 57, so it should be OK as is. Now as to the 110v, your explanation seems logical as to why it stays on longer. I think i will see if I can put a pressure gauge on the 110v tank to check it.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,
You should already have a pressure gauge that you can monitor at what pressure your 110V compressor comes on and shuts off. It is located in the engine access compartment on the right side of your coach up by the rear six packs.

Disregard the arrow in the photo. The gauge is in the upper right corner.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Chester,

Also your supply air gauge on the dash should also monitor the air in the system. Every time my 110V compressor come on it fill all tank and can be monitor form the dash gauges.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

several have said this before, but it might be wise to keep an assortment of air fittings and extra hose of a couple of sizes in your spare parts bin.

i have a bucket with various fittings. mostly DOT but not all. even then i seem to have to go get more. i am lucky in that where i live has a grainger warehouse and several specialty stores that sell fittings and hose.

the key is that when you replace ANYTHING that is for the braking system, use DOT approved fittings and hose. for the other air supply items, any fitting is ok. even the ones you can get at napa or home depot.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom, Steve and Ron. Yes, I see the gauge in the engine compartment which supplies air to the devise that increases pressure for the tires. Merely turn the valve and there is what I was looking for. Same for the aux. air gauge on the dash. Looks like every thing is good to go. Taking it to Queen Creek for the holidays and will then consider undercover storage in Tucson. Wish all joyful holidays.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(12-17-2012, 04:57 PM)rheavn Wrote:  Chester,
Sounds like your 12V compressor is suffering from lack of use. Using it will loosen it up, or at least it has mine. Your 12V compressor should come on around 30 psi and shut off about 55 psi. It does run for a shorter time because it is only filling the small air storage tank that is located in the right drive wheel well. The 12V compressor only services the low pressure air systems for your slide seals, air toilets, air dump valves, and air pocket doors. I would not advise raising the air pressure on the 12V compressor.

The 110V compressor fills all 10 air tanks on your coach, including the one in the right drive wheel well that the 12V compressor fills. It comes on at 80 psi and shuts off at 110 psi. It does run longer, but it is filling many more air systems and larger air tanks.

If you take the covers off the pressure switches you should see a label with the pressure switch specs.

(12-17-2012, 04:57 PM)rheavn Wrote:  Chester,

Finally got got my 12v compressor to work.
Started with 10a fuse and was blowning it! changed to 15a and still was blowing iT1

Finally today I put 20a and its started to working ! its starts around 30psi and goes of at 55-57psi so happy! I was event able to empty our dump tank, it took some time to build planty air , but was able to use it. Looks like 20a fuse might just do it! we will see!
Happy Holidays everyone!!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb