You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

VMS PC Different Parameters

I learned something today, that could be useful to others in the future when diagnosing an engine or transmission issue. 

In my particular case, I am still trying to figure out why the throttle position sensor was acting wonky when I switched from a DDEC iii to a DDEC IV engine control module. I read a vague reference on the Wanderlodge forum about a dude using VMSPC to show him throttle position. 

Hmmm, try as a I might, I could not find a gauge for throttle position. I actually resorted to reading the manual. That’s how desperate I was. A Ha !

This is a bit quirky so bear with me. The first step is to go to the ADVANCED tab on VMSPC. Then click on Sniff for PIDS. The computer will populate a list of items it receives from the ECM. Look at that list carefully, if it states the PID is unidentified, then VMSPC will not allow you to make a gauge of that parameter. 

But if you will click on the PID you want, a window will appear that allows you to identify the PID. Do that, and then return to New Gauges Tab. The PID you just identified will be in the list now. 

BTW, I think I found my problem on the TPS, a mangled pin connector on the plug in.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )