You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Beach Bums

We left 7/28 and got home last night. 1740 miles 80 hours on the generator. We averaged 6 mpg and the oil level is still well above the fill mark on the ol' 8v-92. No major mechanical problems!!! (I always feel that is an accomplishment). As I mentioned in another post we blew a tire on the trailer about 2 hours from home. There are no weather checks etc on the tires so I am thinking that tire was damaged by road debris. We pulled into Best One tire in Lima, Ohio (the commercial shop)on a Saturday morning and received great service at a reasonable price.
I noticed the Kitchen A/C was making noise at the outside condenser once we set up camp at Ocean Lakes Family Camp at Myrtle Beach ,SC. As I was checking it out the noise stopped and the condenser got hot so I shut it down. I'm hoping it is just  fan motor. I think that is the one we put a new compressor in last summer.
Other than the cruise control missing occasionally the trip was problem free.
The kids and grand-kids all had a good time. Hopefully they made some great lifetime memories.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Always nice when trip is problem free. We had Fran's great grandkids form CA visit us a few times here at Route 66 RV resort ere in Albuquerque. They were staying for a couple of weeks with Fran's daughter in Grants. They loved the water slide at the pool here.