You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front height control valve

Mine has a leak and am replacing it. It looks like there are 2 lines going to the inside of the valve. I assume one is from the 110compressor and one is from the engine compressor?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

On my 93 coach there is one line coming from the front 6-pack that is air from the "supply" tank. There is a second line going from the HCV to the 6-pack HCV solenoid ports. When in the "travel" mode (with the HCV solenoids energised to open them) air pressure is adjusted by the HCV to raise and lower the air bag pressure in order to keep the coach at the desired ride height.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

There are two lines connected to my HCV ( not counting the short exhaust line ). One of the lines is supply air. The other just runs a short distance and then hits a "T". The two lines leaving the "T" run to the HWH six pack and each connects to a travel solenoid for the two sides of the coach - right and left.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Well I am finished.. the first time I installed it the valve acted in the opposite way it was suppose too. First idea was to rotate the control arm 180 degrees but I did no have enough clearance. Second Idea was to rotate the valve and mount it upside down. But then the arm would not have enough clearance. So rotate them other way ,but the a backwards of an upside down is the same that I started with.lol

So I realized you can rotate the arm. Then disconnect it from the valve then flip the arm around and it works.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701