You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Interior door lock issue

Before retiring at night, I flip the switch that locks the outside air door from the inside and a red light comes on next to the switch.  With this switch disengaged, the outside door numerical lock and door open button work correctly, but only for awhile.  If I lock the door from the outside and return within a few hours, it unlocks and works normally.  If I leave for a long time and return, the numerical lock does not work, the inside lock is actuated and the only way I can open the door is the use the air release valve in the bay next to the door.  Hopefully someone can lead me to a solution.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

when it is not working, and you put the code in the keypad outside, can you hear the solenoid latching? if it is still making the clacking noise, then it is likely from the door open button inward. if it doesnt, then from the keypad inward to that control box.

the control box for all that is in that cabinet just inside the door on the left down at floor level. make sure there are no loose wires there.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(10-16-2016, 09:29 AM)encantotom Wrote:  when it is not working, and you put the code in the keypad outside, can you hear the solenoid latching?  if it is still making the clacking noise, then it is likely from the door open button inward.  if it doesnt, then from the keypad inward to that control box.  

the control box for all that is in that cabinet just inside the door on the left down at floor level.  make sure there are no loose wires there.  

tom

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Chester. What was your solution?

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

This last winter I took the switch and red light out, lubricated the switch, replaced the red light and for some strange reason they now work perfectly. Probably a bad connection.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica