You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Words you should never utter !!!!

We only use the Newell for a week or two at a time. I have never hooked the city water up. I do as Russ suggested. I'm running two 12V pumps in tandem. It runs the shower and dishwasher fine. You can tell when you draw water while the toilet is filling etc. But for our limited use it has worked well.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

The one disadvantage I noticed for just topping off is that I cannot close the bay door while a hose is connected to the top off port. Which would make it easier if I was staying for a week or so somewhere with full hookups and just use the hydrant valve to fill after dumping.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

It is not necessary to "top off" using the top mounted port. Just configure your valves for filling via the city port and run the hose as you normally would through the hole in the floor, just turn on the city water to fill. As my daughter would say, "easy peasy".

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

We always use a regulator when hooking to city water. They are pretty cheap at Camping World.