You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mirror update

[]         []     My passenger side mirror had received some major trauma in the past. Ramco mirrors have replacement parts available. Somebody had glued a mirror in the housing and cut the wires to the adjustment motor. Originally it had two mirrors in the housing but I preferred one. I got new mirror glass, and ball mount sockets from Ramco. I had to fabricate a mount that attaches to the motor and applied Velcro. That is how they mount the glass now. I reattached the wires and now can adjust the mirror "on the fly!"

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

your coach fly's?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I hate to dog pile on this thread, but it reminded me of something I wanted to do...

Earlier this year, while I patiently waited for my turn to be called into a service bay, a technician backed a firetruck out of the bay.  I was back about 150 ft... plenty of room to maneuver around me.  Anyway, he failed to see the coach and smacked the front end.  Breaking the mirror and punching a hole in my bumper.  

So....

I have the pieces left from the mirror and they are yours for the asking (plus the cost of postage).  First come first served.

The mirror has a camera built into it and both motors are still probably good, however the cables have been cut so a little re-wiring would be in order.  The mirror shell has a few scratches which could or could not be polished out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama