You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sliding pantry door sagging

*Our sliding pantry door has started dragging on the bottom edge. I am thinking the hinges may have loosened causing it to sag or drop. Anyone messed with adjusting this type of sliding pantry? Pic below...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

those are pretty sturdy sliders, i would think they are just loose and need tightening on both the pantry and inside on the walls.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

There should be a release lever on each slide so you could remove the whole pantry. Those should be heavy duty drawer sliders, may have a brand name stamped on them. Once out like Tom said you should be able to tighten them or if the wood they screw into is split or damaged be able to replace it.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Once you take it out as stated above, if the screws are not stripped, they can be loosened and adjusted. If stripped, there are other holes in the metal to install new screws. Not a big job.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

If the screw hole is stripped, wood glue and a broken toothpick will sometimes rescue the day.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If you find that the screw holes have enlarged due to the weight being carried there is a more permeates solution. Remove the screws, drill half the depth of the screw with a drill at least double the diameter of the screw, treat the screw holes with liquid epoxy and then fill the holes with a epoxy blended with silica, reinstall the slider and screws making sure the alignment is right, 24 hours later you can load it up.

The epoxy silica blend creates a strong threaded bushing that spreads the load over a larger area of wood. You can use machine screws instead of the original wood/sheet metal screws and get even more strength. The epoxy materials I've used were made by WEST Systems. I've never had a screwed fitting fail once I did this.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed