You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Marker Lights

Need some thoughts from you all...I have 2 marker lights up front, one under the passenger side window, and one under the driver side window at floor level that aren't working.  All the rest of the markers are on.  When I took one marker light off, put clips on it and attached to a battery, the light is working. However, the wires (one brown and one red) are not hot and go up inside somewhere. I believe the brown wire is ground and goes to a terminal behind the kick plate in front of the passenger seat. I'm only seeing one terminal that is marked, "marker lights"  and there are 6 white wires at that terminal.

There is a white wire going to the Marker Light fuse. I believe there are 16 marker lights, but these two are the only ones not hot.  I assume there is some kind of junction box somewhere that those Marker Light wire go to...

Tom...have you had a situation like this?

Ed

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

(08-28-2017, 07:27 AM)PlazaGuy Wrote:  Need some thoughts from you all...I have 2 marker lights up front, one under the passenger side window, and one under the driver side window at floor level that aren't working.  All the rest of the markers are on.  When I took one marker light off, put clips on it and attached to a battery, the light is working. However, the wires (one brown and one red) are not hot and go up inside somewhere. I believe the brown wire is ground and goes to a terminal behind the kick plate in front of the passenger seat. I'm only seeing one terminal that is marked, "marker lights"  and there are 6 white wires at that terminal.

There is a white wire going to the Marker Light fuse. I believe there are 16 marker lights, but these two are the only ones not hot.  I assume there is some kind of junction box somewhere that those Marker Light wire go to...

Tom...have you had a situation like this?

Ed
I think these are tied into the turning signals, Try them or your em flasher

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Ron Thanks...never thought about that...one my way to check that out right now.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck

Yes those only work with your turn signals.

Halleluja!...that was it, Ron! If I had listened to my wife and asked the Gurus, I would have had it fixed last week and saved $50.
Thanks a million!

BTW, I now have 2 new Marker Lights for the Parts Stash.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck

i replace my marker lights with identical led ones.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You can see here, in the attached pic, that the lights in question are not part of the marker light system. 

In my case, the PO added led chicken lights, I kinda like them.  Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

I just looked up "Chicken Lights"....I never knew! I like em!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama