You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Smaller Coach

I have just traded my 505 Newell for a smaller coach at Motor Homes of Texas.  As I have said before at my age it is less stressful driving a smaller coach.  Also we do like State Parks. What I traded for was a 36 foot 04 Foretravel.  36 foot is sorta rare.  The coach has been taken very good care of and has one slide.  Has a ISL 400 horse Cummins with 74,000 miles.
I have debated a long time in doing something like this because I really loved my Newell.  This Foretravel came along and looked like it was for us.  I have enjoyed the Forum and all my great friends I have made.   I do not plan to drop my membership and will keep reading the great topics often.  I would not have been able to solve many of my coaches problem if it had not been for so many knowledgeable members.
MOT will be selling this coach and if anyone is interested in it, it will make someone a very good coach.  I have owned it going on 5 years and it has served me well.  It has been in storage most of its life when not on the road.  Front tires are one year old, drive two years old and tags are 5 years old in Dec.  Coach batteries one year old and engine batteries are two.  All service and filter changes are up to date.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Good luck Chappell and it has been a great pleasure having your participation. Please stay involved.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I keep thinking there's a market for a 30-38' coach built like a Newell. If I wasn't already running three businesses I'd build one........

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I am happy for you, and I am happier that you will stay in the loop.

As demonstrated many times, the guru get togethers are not brand specific. The friendships we have all made via the forum transcend all boundaries, real or imagined.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We Hope you love the new coach
We are on the back of lot at MOT
IF you are still there stop by

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

Georgeb I'm still here because I live in Nacogdoches.  I sold my business in Houston and moved to Nac. in 1996 and really love it here.  This is my 3rd coach I have bought from MOT and my 8th motorhome.  Being that Foretravel's are built here in Nac. makes them my second choice.  Seems everyone here has worked at Foretravel at one time or another.  Mr. Fore built his first coach in 1967 and the Co. was owned by the Fore family until 05.  At that time it was sold to the present owner.  Before I owned the Newell I owned a 02 Foretravel which I traded for the Newell.  Trading my Newell has been a hard row to hoe for me because after owning a Newell all else is a downgrade.  Yes, it would be nice to find a 36 foot Newell with slides.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Congrats Chappell. I know you will enjoy your smaller coach. You are a great asset to the forum and to me personally.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(08-29-2017, 03:24 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Congrats Chappell. I know you will enjoy your smaller coach. You are a great asset to the forum and to me personally.

Thanks Michael, and anytime you need for me to get a Newell number for you at MOT please let me know.  I love looking at motor homes.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Thank you Chappell. I am certain I will need your assistance. I love the photos and descriptions that MOT gives. I just wish they would post the coach number!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com