You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New campground

Angled pull-through which eases entry and exit and improves open visibility of the park. No large trees and branches to scratch the coaches and block Directv. Nice if the rear of the coach faces the west to cut down on heat. Stayed at one campground which would not allow dogs on the grass and had not dog run. Level pad and wide streets.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Design the road and sites so that NO ONE has to back in on the blind (curb, passenger) side. I can back in with a trailer from either side but I drove professionally for 30 years. some folks can't back up at all!

TOM

Delaware
Looking at Newells
Former coaches '72 MCI, '82 Wanderlodge, '91 HR Limited 40

(09-11-2017, 03:56 PM)Yachts Wrote:  If you were designing a new campground. What amenities at the campsite would you like to see.. what would make it a desirable place to stay,

Are you contemplating building an RV park?

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

One element not mentioned that is a deal maker for me is a view! We prefer ocean, lake, or mountain views. However, even the cheesy pond views are better than nothing...

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Yes I have identified some land . Doing some research. Recessed dumps are not allowed state law requires it to be 4 inches above the ground

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Almost forgot, keep the temperatures in the low 70's!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

(09-12-2017, 09:47 PM)Yachts Wrote:  Yes I have identified some land . Doing some research. Recessed dumps are not allowed state law requires it to be 4 inches above the ground

That would be a problem for a lot of RVs. Perhaps they have, or you could get an exemption for a campground? Maybe if your put the dump in a concrete basin?

TOM

Delaware
Looking at Newells
Former coaches '72 MCI, '82 Wanderlodge, '91 HR Limited 40

after my first long summer trip in my 90 newell i thought it would be fun to own a rv park. i have a friend who owned one in idaho for many years and just recently sold it. they said to make things work right they had to be there ALOT.

the rv park where we had a rally in rudidoso is a new high end park and you should chat with them. Jimmy and Lisa Zachry. Ruidoso Motor Coach Ranch.

I think it is a hard gig to make money at.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

If a desired location has only one campground then my decision is based upon my confidence in safely arriving and departing.

If the location has multiple campground the decision is multivariate; the first screen is ease of arrival and departing. The rest of the amenities are judged based upon why I want to be there, what I plan to do in the area and how long I will stay. The longer the stay, generally the more amenities I use. If my grandkids are along, then a swimming pool is

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

according to one of the writers on rvtravel.com there are not enough campgrounds for all the new rvs that are being sold.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.