You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Maiden Voyage

Hello All

My wife and our great dane made our maiden voyage today from south of St Louis Missouri to Tom Sawyer RV park in West Memphis AK.  This is our first motor home and the longest trip I have made since I brought her home in May.  

Trip went very well.  The wife is beginning to have some confidence in my driving abilities.  The dog has some adjustments to make, he stood the entire trip.  Think the engine noise upset him and he could not relax.  

We plan to spend the day relaxing and watching the river traffic go by.  Had learned a lot reading this forum and hope to become proficient in maintaining and operating our Newell.  This forum is outstanding and I learn something new every day.

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Glad you are enjoying your trip.

Hopefully your Dane will calm down shortly. Our Irish Wolfhound is fairly comfortable laying on the couch while we are driving. Since we also do not have slides, he does have limited areas where he can stretch out at night and typically ends up sleeping in our walk through bath. We keep microfiber covered gel mats (from Bed Bath and Beyond) on the floor in the bath to make it more comfortable for his tall bony body.

Glad you are finding the forum helpful. That is our desire.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

My boxer did not not like riding in the coach until I folded a moving pad and put in the floor between the seats. I think it reduced the vibration and he was much more settled. My other boxer has never minded riding in the coach... guess it depends on the dog.

Tom Sawyers has a great open area to play with your dog! Love that place.

Glad you guys are here on the forum!

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I just missed you. We were there until two days ago

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Made the journey home - again without incident. The wife read, the dog slept and I drove. Great trip, really enjoyed Tom Sawyer RV park. We will return in the fall. Richard, would have enjoyed meeting you.

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited