You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Any ideas?

I changed my height control valve last month and took it out for the first time this weekend.. when I went to travel it would not raise to ride height. It will raise manually but does not seem to go max up. Once I manually raised it to a ride height it would stay while driving. Could my valve just need adjusting?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

All of them? Or just one?

What happens if you raise the coach all the way up and then
Put into travel?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If I raise it all the way up the front will not go to maximum height. I'm wondering if I need to adjust the arm.

Marc Newman

Hmmmmm the hcvs are separated from the leveling functions by the six pack. So the hcv changeout should not have effected the raising and lowering.

What is your supply pressure?

Let me ask the question again. What happens when you raise the coach above normal height and then put it in travel.

Trying to eliminate simple things first like valve in upside down.
Really easy to do on the front.

What brand and model hcv did you use?

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

}=     I used what was in the picture. I originally had it in upside down. Turned it around. If I raise and then put it in travel it seems to stay at the height I raised it too. But it won't go higher than what I think is the travel height.. I'm perplexed but that's not unusual.

Marc Newman

I believe you have the Valid leveling system in your coach. I'm not familiar with their system except to know that they do things a bit differently than what we are used to with the HWH based systems. I suggest giving them a call.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Not trying to be a smart alec. But you are saying the hcv won't raise or lower the coach. I would check two things before I went any further. So it's not working and that's what you changed. Why did you change the hcv to begin with

One are the air lines connected to the right ports on the hcv? Confirm that the valve is oriented correctly.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

If you wanted to get creative you could disconnect all the lines and then hook up a temporary air supply and then raise and lower the arm to see what happens. Nasty job I know.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Thank you to Richard for helping me diagnose my issue.. I actually installed the night control valve upside down. Upon turning it over reinstalling all is well..

Marc Newman