You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1984 With Trico air wipers

So, Guy, how did the 'take it apart' work?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Clarke, I wimped out. At the last minute I found a reman unit on the shelf at Rome Truck Parts in Georgia, $111.00. They were very responsive with same day shipment. It is over at our sons house in Jamestown N.C. right now, about 10 miles away.This California boy was very worried about no wiper in Florida in the next few weeks if I took it apart and couldn't get it back together correctly, or needed parts that I could not locate, such as the cork blades .The motors are specific to right or left side on the coach, but it looks like they just unplug the ports on one side of the motor and transfer them to the other side . I will do an autopsy on the old unit, At this point I am 90 percent sure that the air motor is the problem because after lubricating it, I was able to get it to wipe about 5 passes. Murphy could raise his head and find that it is the dash air switch..

I am now able to remove, lubricate, and reinstall the wiper motor in about 10 minutes. Smile

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59