You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New awnings????

If I remember correctly the valence is 1 piece, not too heavy but awkward to remove. Once you remove it you'll see the long metal hanger bar with the center piece that goes into a slot on the side of the coach. Tom and I tried to adjust mine but didn't have any luck. Newell was able to get it adjusted correctly. After that I would watch while the slide extended to make sure it make that little rise at the end. Only once while parked on a slope did it not engage properly. And yes it leaked that night during a rain....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have this awning it is not a Girard I believe it is carefree. I have not had any issues with them in the 1.5 years of use. It is being used by several of the Prevost converters as well. Brining the slides in after or during a rain has not been a problem with water there is a sweep at the top. Dirt does build up on the slide top I have cleaned an waxed it 3 or 4 times. There is no awning on drivers side unless it was a add on by the person specking it. Door awning is not recommended due to wind while driving I did meet an owner of a coach a few before mine who had one and said it was not an issue.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Hard to believe it's been a year and a half since we were all excited over getting updates on construction of your coach Doug. Glad you are satisfied with and enjoying it!

Doug, can you please send a picture or URL of the awning? Assuming there is a locking mechanism: Does the awning protect itself by having to be unlocked before retracting?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Adrian

I will not be at my coach till mid Feb. it's is in storage in fl and I am in NY avoiding snow storms. There is no locking device I will be glad to send you pics and a video when I see my coach again.

Adrian

I will not be at my coach till mid Feb. it's is in storage in fl and I am in NY avoiding snow storms. There is no locking device I will be glad to send you pics and a video when I see my coach again. It does have a sensor that looks at movement to retract if it gets to breezy.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I have awning over my front door, never had a problem.. The issue is that it's really not large enough and is not far enough forward to be super effective

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701