You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash fan switch access

My dash fan switch worked one day, then it quit for a few days; then it started working again for a few more days, and now it hasn't worked for a couple weeks. I'm thinking it might be the relay or the motor???  

My question is, how does one access said motor and relay?  Please see pics attached for my dash configuration. 

Thanks in advance all. ?

Bryan
Coach 599

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

First thing I would do is open the dash from the top and check for a loose wire.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(09-25-2017, 10:34 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  First thing I would do is open the dash from the top and check for a loose wire.

that's what I was wondering, how to "open" the dash?  does the top section pop off?

Bryan
Ionia, MI

It is held on by the plastic Christmas trees like the ones that hold door panels on

There are probably 8 or 10 of them. Just pull up at one place and you can feel where that are and just pop it off one fastener at a time

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

thanks Tom

Bryan
Ionia, MI

After you pull the dash off, clip the Christmas trees and use velcro to put it back in place. Much quieter and easier to peel off for future access. There is a thread about it. I will try to find.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

(09-25-2017, 12:59 PM)Land Yacht Wrote:  After you pull the dash off, clip the Christmas trees and use velcro to put it back in place. Much quieter and easier to peel off for future access. There is a thread about it. I will try to find.

Good tip, thank you Mike!

Bryan
Ionia, MI

(09-25-2017, 02:44 PM)bryguymi Wrote:  
(09-25-2017, 12:59 PM)Land Yacht Wrote:  After you pull the dash off, clip the Christmas trees and use velcro to put it back in place. Much quieter and easier to peel off for future access. There is a thread about it. I will try to find.

Good tip, thank you Mike!

Here is the thread on velcro for dash top
http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=3351

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

I have taken my dash top off numerous times and the Xmas trees continue to be good and work fine. Problem with velcro is alignment. I would stay with the trees until they malfunction.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(09-26-2017, 07:09 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  I have taken my dash top off numerous times and the Xmas trees continue to be good and work fine.  Problem with velcro is alignment.  I would stay with the trees until they malfunction.

Chester, you bring up a good point about alignment with velcro. I solved this by keeping a couple of Christmas trees on each end for alignment, then used velcro all the way around. With only the Christmas trees, my dash creaked and was noisy causing me great frustration. The velcro amazingly quieted all creaks and noises in the dash. Absolutely, the best fix that I have performed on my coach so far.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn