You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

On Craigslist

I saw this on WOG http://boise.craigslist.org/rvs/3441702580.html and wondered about the price. That price seems a bit low, but certainly in our price range. We like the mid-entry. There is a lot of information that is missing, but then since it is a repo by the CU I suspect that they don't have any idea of what they actually have. They just want their money and parking spaces back.

Anyone know anything about this coach?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

i saw it on the wanderlodge site last nite. i think on their site someone offered to go look at it since they lived close.

that mural on the back looked familiar to me.

there was a 91 newell with mileage in the 180's for sale in my home town of mason city iowa when i was first looking in 2007. the owners were farmers and it had a farming mural painted on the back because i remember them saying it was a selling point. the mural was done bay an artist that did marathons up in the northwest named star. since they were corn farmers and it sure looks like a combine for harvesting corn, i would bet this is the same coach.

if it is that one, they kept it in a barn the whole time they had it. i couldnt find any pictures of it. the one i am talking about belonged to larry and nancy broers of mason city iowa. it sat for quite a few years when they didnt use it.

it was for sale till at least a couple of years ago. this was a description that i found for it back a few years ago.

1991 Newell Newell Coach is one of the best coaches out there. This one has 185,000 miles on it but is well taken care of. Non smoker and no pets. It has the 8V92 Detroit diesel enginelots of power, HC740 Allison 4 spd tranny, air suspension and leveling, rear camera, 155 gallon fresh water, 160 gallon holding tank, 100lb freezer in bay, thermopane windows, Corine counter tops, granite floors in the kitchen and bath, Bosch washer dryer, satellite dish, awnings on all windows, 12.5kw diesel gen., and many other extras. Coach is 40 9 long by 102 wide.

i bet it is the same one.

could be a good buy. whoever bought it put 9k miles on it in the last few years so maybe it has newer tires and such then.

could be a great deal.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I passed this on to someone who is starting to look, and he called. It seems that the person who had it last (can't say PO) didn't make any payments on it and ruined several items. It will cost several thousand dollars to get it back in shape.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371