You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Can you ID these ugly things on my roof

Gurus,

I am on a hunt for water leaks on my roof.  I have to admit that I have neglected my roof but that is about to change.

I am tempted to just remove all these warts and then see what does not work.  But cooler heads recommend that I identify them before removing.

So...Can you identify these things?  And do you have a recommended procedure for patching the holes that will be left behind? 

(There is an odd shaped little black device on the passenger side that I would think would be an XM antenna, but there is another for-sure XM antenna farther back.  

Thanks,
Bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

The two small black antenna bases look like CB (middle photo with the spring loaded base) and likely Cell phone (last photo) antenna. The bracket in the foreground is where my CB antenna is mounted but that certainly wasn't a CB antenna. Looks like it could have been part of a circular over the air TV antenna at one time.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Could the first one be for a magnetic mount whatever antenna?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Because this was a race coach, I am assuming one was a track antenna.

I have already removed the CB radio....and don’t listen to FM radio....So I am thinking I’m gonna just unscrew all of them and then seal with a plate and some Dicor.

The first one used to have some sort of rubber on the plate (long since dried out).

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Might have been an old data storm mount. First mobile internet back in late 90's ear.y 2000's

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701