You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slides won’t work

Richard - You have a good memory. Yes, I installed an interposing GP relay between the electronics of the HWH control board and the big honking coil of the hydraulic pump. I had been told at Newell school to always have the engine running when the slides were moved. Stupidly I never questioned that. Then one day the slides would not move. I thought everything is failing today! Because just earlier before I stooped at the campground the alternator bit the dust. It took a bit to put two and two together, but without an alternator I didn't have the extra voltage needed to pickup that big solenoid. I could see that it was only getting - I don't remember for sure - but something less than 12VDC and it was just not enough. I dug around, and wired in a relay that was easily picked up with the low voltage from HWH and had it pass full battery voltage to the solenoid and it worked like a charm. Now, like Tom, my slides work without the engine running too. I still often let the motor run as the extra voltage seems like a good idea for getting the hydraulic pump to perform at its maximum potential.
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004