You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

110 Air Compressors

Went out to get into my coach today and the 110 compressor was running and there wasn’t enough air to open the door. I then realized it had been running for quite a while, the gauge was only showing 20psi so I switched to the other compressor, same thing, couldn’t build more than 20psi. I shut it and couldn’t hear any leaks, pressure seemed to hold at 20. I restarted and again doesn’t want to past 20psi with either compressor. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jack Nelson
Coach 1228

Check your air filter/water separators for a stuck open drain valve. With aux compressor running put your fingers under the bottom of the clear filter housing and check for a leak. Sometimes you can press upwards on the valve and get it to seal and hold closed. That is all I can think of right now. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I felt around the water separator and didn’t feel anything. I can’t hear anything leaking either. I was wondering the the water separator might be plugged.

Jack Nelson
Coach 1228

Wow, big air leaks are tough to find. Seriously, much harder to hear than the whistlers. Open up all the bays and start looking and listening. Also check for a blown slide seal.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Check air bags that generator rests on. Had those leak a couple times and it’s an easy place to forget to check.

Sometimes the air separators go bad

It’s possible but not likely both compressors are bad. However both of mine quit working at the same time

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

It could be possible that they are bad, The one that was running when I discovered had probably been running for several 100 hours with kicking off. I think I'll disconnect the line out and hook directly to a gauge to see what it's putting out.

Jack Nelson
Coach 1228

Found it, the mist separator is plugged. By-passed it and we have air now.

Jack Nelson
Coach 1228

Thanks for letting us know the cause of the problem Jack. Very glad you solved your problem.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com