You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air compressor

One more thought on this problem.  These compressors do not like to start with head pressure so, as Richard has stated, the water separator could be holding pressure and not relieving at the end of the cycle and consequently keeping head pressure up.  It's a pretty far stretch to think it could hold pressure for a long time but worthy of consideration.  If you have leveled manually with the HWH system by adding air and your finger tires releasing the tactile switch momentarily, the compressor likely will not restart rotating the crank because of the head pressure.  It's a case of not enough horsepower to overcome the resistance but then if there was enough,  you'd likely damage the piston or crank.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

It’s 20 degrees F and the 12v nor the 110v compressors are not working. Both worked fine
Until today. I can plug my 110v into an extension cord and the comp works. No electric at the coach plug. I haven’t found a breaker tripped. I placed a heater in the 110v comp bay and waiting to see if
I get power at the plug.
The 12v comp works if I open a connection, it is most likely ice in the line someplace. If anyone has other thoughts please comment.

James and Kathi Bagley
Pampa, Tx 
2003 Newell 642 45’

You say no electric at the coach plug. What do you mean by that?

If the coach does not have power, then your batteries may have gone down. No battery no inverter no power to 110V or 12 V compressor.

Do you have your batteries merged?

When you say the 12V works if you open a connection. Exactly what connection are you talking about? What makes you say the 12V is not working?

Sorry to answer your questions with questions, but to my little squirrel brain, there is some ambiguity in your post, that is very important in helping you sort out the issue.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If you have no power at the receptical the 120vac compressor is normally plugged into, that raises the question of whether you have 120vac anywhere. Does other 120vac powered stuff anywhere in the coach work? If yes, then I would start at the cb box and work downstream towards the compressor receptical. If no, then I would start checking for power at the post and work towards the cb box.

If the 12vdc compressor runs when it's air outlet is disconnected but not otherwise then that outlet line somewhere downstream is blocked, possibly by ice if the weather is cold enough.

I started each paragraph above with "if" because I'm guessing at what your description meant to describe. When troubleshooting, the devil (actually the solution) is revealed in the details. A precise and detailed description is necessary to maximize the probability that the responses provided via this site are helpful in solving the problem you actually have and not one a reader infers from a.terse desciption. I can't believe I actually found an appropriate way to use the word "terse". Woohoo.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed