You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide 3 seal popped out

I set up camp yesterday, somewhat in a hurry, trying to beat the rain. The rain started shortly after I arrived, and will continue now through tomorrow. I just happened to look up and notice a section of my slide seal popped out while extending the slide out room number three. Luckily, the coach is positioned such that there is virtually no water intrusion. So I’m going to leave it until the rain quits. Any suggestions how to tackle This problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Are looking for a fix to get you home, or what needs to be done to fix it correctly?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I had the same problem last year. To get me home I close the slide as far as I could to slide the seal in above the slide and the opening and then completely closed the slide. I had to go to Newell so the could over extend the slide and reinstall the tube into its channel. Putting the seal back in that manner let it seal the slide. I didn't have any air or water problems during the trip to OK.

good luck, i know it stressful for something like that to happen

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

i called and talked to bryan as well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I’m happy to report that with a little MacGyver’ing and a lot of finesse, I got my slide seat popped back into place. Whew!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP