You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

pestes

Paul, nice to meet you briefly tonight at Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville, TN. Sorry you had some fan issues getting here. You have a beautiful coach. Good luck on your trip to Miami. Meet all the guys you can, they are all ready and willing to help you with any problem you may have.
We are pulling out in the morning, maybe we will get a chance to chat again before we leave.

Scott

I am the head caretaker and floor sweeper on my dads coach. Also the one who drives it to Oklahoma for him for service.
2005 Coach 730

Thanks Scott! Was nice to meet you as well. Caught me off guard when you asked my coach number, my head was somewhere else at the moment. Hope to get a chance to see 730 someday. Safe travels!

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

Paul,

When you go through Rodgers Ark on the way to Camp Newell, you will pass through a construction zone that is barricaded on both sides. The barricades actually are inside the white line. I got trapped by a car passing me, and I thought I would hit the barrier. Closest call I had in a 8000 mi trip.

In hindsight, I should have split the lane and put up with the finger.

Keep an eye out for that zone.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I will definitely watch for that. I had a scary moment today just past West Memphis. Construction zone with shifted lanes. Heavy traffic coming through and coming out of a blind S turn of shifted lanes, a truck was completely stopped in the left lane. Still not completely sure how everyone didn't end up in one large pileup.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

In my 250k of driving the Newell back and forth across this country, I avoided many situations like those mentioned, by hearing about those areas over the CB radio. Truckers would always talk about those things. However i believe that the cb radio is rarely used these days. Too bad, those broadcasts helped me many times.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

I have been using an app called WAZE and find it very helpful. It has GPS routing software coupled with the ability to see warnings for speed traps, slow traffic, accidents etc. Those warnings are provided by other WAZE users as they encounter the hazard. You can confirm a hazard or report it diminished as you travel through the area or report a hazard you encounter if it has not been reported previously. It even tells you how many "WAZERS" are in your vicinity.

https://www.waze.com/

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.