You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My interior remodel

(11-08-2017, 11:30 AM)encantotom Wrote:  my 38' 90 i had was the same way.

had electric heaters in the bedroom, bathroom and under a couch.  (had to replace them btw, there was a recall on them for fire hazard)

i had 3, yes, three propane furnaces.  one in the bedroom, one under the couch and one under the dinette

and the rooftop airs were heat pumps

and the coolant based fans in the bedroom and one up front.  

and when i got it it only had 2 roof top airs.  i added a third.  i live where it gets 120 degrees

tom

We don't get to 120 but we do get to 90's easily......with 90% humidity! So we do need some serious AC down here as well.

We are planning to go up North during Christmas/New Years to get some good chill, we'll see were we end up at.

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Wow I love what you're doing. I purchased bamboo and have since decided to go with a very similar floor. Nice job, I hope mine turns out half as well.
My wife and I love the fact that you have the area open to the rear window. Our 75 has the double beads with a small opening showing out the back window. I hope to do something similar to your's, although the twin beds with all the heaters limit the options.
Are you planning on re-upholstering, our change the color with dye?

Look forward to see your work. Two thumbs up.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Thank you John!

We already changed curtains and reupholster the dinette (it was blue now it is cream). We added another couch that converts into 2 bunk beds for our daugthers and I want to replace the seats in the front but I love the original chairs so not sure if we will change them or re-upholster them.

We LOVE the window on the back but we were a few days in real cold and you have to close the curtain and we need to put the new drapes in that window as well, it is real chilly if not Smile

We also redid the entry steps, we used porcelain and I'm in the process of adding new lights to it but my main project is to change the entire dashboard in the front, it is angled in not so comfortable way for me and also I want to add some things to make it a little bit newer. Oh, I forgot, we also added a dishwasher we love, it only has 2 discharges for the entire cycle and uses very little water so by the time we go to sleep we live it running and we can barely hear it. As soon as I have more stuff done I'll take pictures and post them here. 

If there's anything I can help with just let me know

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Wow that is really exciting - you started with a nice unit and are making it great. We're considering a drawer disk washer, although I may end up being the designated dish washer, no big deal since I like to get my hands dirty anyway.
I've heard of someone changing the dash, I'll end up rebuilding most of mine due to the age. Not sure I'm brave enough to replace it, Sounds pretty cool though!

John and Marcia Marshall 
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
Love old tech  Idea

Can you post a couple of pictures of how you did your steps? Ours has storage underneath, does your coach? And what kind of bunk bead couch did you get? Thank You-Mason

(03-18-2018, 06:11 PM)1989newell Wrote:  Can you post a couple of pictures of how you did your steps? Ours has storage underneath, does your coach? And what kind of bunk bead couch did you get? Thank You-Mason

Ours has storage as well, initially we wanted to keep it but in the end we decided not to use it because it make the steps look really bad. I ended up adding a rubber strip were the metal rests when the steps are closed and just tile over it. If we really want to recover that space we'll remove the tile and we'll have the safe and the storage.

I'll try to get some pictures this week of how ended up looking with the tiles installed.

For bunk bed we ended up buying a convertible sofa bed because while driving we needed to be closed but when we park we needed the beds and it adds two sofas (we originally have one).

This is the one we got without the electric system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZMuoD8Umw (is a tight fit getting it thru the door but it worked)

As soon as I can get pictures I'll post them here.

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Thank you! Going to start picking out wood and wall paper this weekend!

that bunk is really cool. is it pretty sturdy?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Nah, I wouldn't recommend it but at almost 2K was the most affordable we could find. If we have to do it again we would buy one of the Italian ones, they LOOK sturdier, but not sure.

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Wow love the automatic couch to double bed video. That is awesome !!

John and Marcia Marshall 
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
Love old tech  Idea