You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello, new to the Newell Gurus site

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and I hope that I may be of help when I can and I hope to learn when I can't and become more familiar with the Newell Coaches.

I'm new to your site and have always been a fan of the quality of the Newell Coach. At present I have a '94 Foretravel Unihome 36'. I know some of the Newell Gurus visit our Forum and I thought it would be nice to see visit your site since I have thought about seeing how things were done here. I am always trying to learn from others as well as just learning by renovating my own coach when I can. I've seen a lot of Newell Coaches on the road and know the quality is top notch and by learning more about the Newell I thought that some of the ideas I pick up here I can apply to my own coach. Also, maybe someday I may find a Newell that suits my budget and needs. I'm retired now and live in Maple Ridge, BC. I've had my coach for 4 years now and really enjoy showing my wife places she has never been to, especially the South Western states.

John

John,

Welcome aboard.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome John! Enjoy, and feel free to share insights the Fortravel crowd have come up with!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Welcome, John. Stop in when your in my neighborhood!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome John ! Foretravel Unihome was on our list of possibilities when we went " classic" motor home shopping. Do you have the Cummins powered coach?
I think you will find that this is a great group of folks willing to share their experience with all.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Glad you joined us John, welcome.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

hi John,

i am one of those who frequent your forum and have made many friends there. and there are those here on this forum that either currently or have previously owned foretravels.

we love coaches in general.

welcome

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome John! There are several FT owners on this site and probably a lot of lurkers out there. We loved our GVs and Unihomes! Love my Newell more (I have to say that here) lol ... The beasts are very similar other than fiberglass vs aluminum/stainless. I would still love to have a 34’ Unihome with they Cummins 450 (race car) wow...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Thanks all for the warm welcome! I hope to get to know most of you better in the months and years to come. I look forward to seeing all the great coaches you have and what sets them apart as in the Foretravels. I really enjoy seeing both the Newell and Foretravel coaches when I pull into the campgrounds and meeting the owners when possible.

Again, thanks all for the warm welcome,
John

(11-08-2017, 07:17 PM)Guy Wrote:  Welcome John ! Foretravel  Unihome was on our list of possibilities when we went " classic" motor home shopping. Do you have the Cummins powered coach?
I think you will find that this is a great group of folks willing to share their  experience with all.

Hello Guy,

I have a 300HP 8.3 Cummins with 6 Speed Allison and Pac Brake. Great fuel mileage but a little slow in the mountains but I'm not in a rush anyway.

John