You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2018 Newell Gurus Summer Rally discussion

Count us in! We are new fulltimers and new to retirement, sooooooooooooooooo we still have lots of spare time. This year we wore out our grand children in North Carolina, and over the holidays will do the same for our Grand daughter in California. The middle of the country sounds great.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Fredericksburg and Kerrville TX are close to the middle. Lots to do there. Buckhorn RV Resort is excellent place in Kerrville. Little over 900 miles from Phoenix.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

943 miles from Auburn. Ive never been to that park, but would love to make the trip.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Yeah, Kerrville would work for us. So would Gulf Shores, and the Tennessee location.

We have stayed at Buckhorn, I would say it is roughly equivalent to Bella Terra.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Is Kerrville altitude high enough to be cool?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

847 miles from Destin, FL but don’t know where we will be coming from yet :-)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

(11-10-2017, 02:25 PM)encantotom Wrote:  thanks all,

so, anchors down is nearly 2000 miles from me in phoenix and much farther for anyone farther west of me.  there lies the challenge.  looks good for the guys in the east or south, but is a longggg way for alot of others.  

lets continue brainstorming.

tom

We love the idea and would like to attend
Our vote anywhere east of AZ

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

Has there ever been a discussion of having one right by Miami, Ok.? Centrally located and could get support from the factory.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

We all appreciate you as the planner and organizer.  I know that is a lot of trouble sometimes.  Being from the mid part of the country,  east and west coasts, of course are at least 2000 miles for us.  We loved Ruidoso but the altitude bothered me (Ed) quite a bit.  Had no affect on my wife.  Anchor Down sounds like a great place, as well a Kerrville, and from there WE could go on to check on our place in Brownsville. Of course, a great default place might be Table Rock and it's only about 125 miles from Miami for those that might need or want to go to the "mother ship". I'm sure we'll all make our final decisions when you make your "executive decision". At this time we will commit to attending.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

Newell rally April 9 2018
New Orleans

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper