You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello to all in Newell land

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to have found this site. Sounds like there is allot of knowledge within the group and great to hear about all of the assistance given to the newbee's 

I Just became the owner of a 2008 Newell 4 slide #1223. I have been looking at all sorts of motorhomes for a couple of years and no matter how hard I tried to be "thrifty" I just could not buy one of the mass produced class a or b's. Was interested in the Prevost lines but when I found the Newells it was just the kind of quality I was looking for. Picked up 1223 from the factory with a 2 year warrantee and have been very impressed with the factory folks so far. I pick up the coach on the 20th and will be cruising close to the factory for a few days checking everything out and then its off to the great adventure. 

Hope to see you along the way.

Best to all,

Mike Mandall

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

Welcome to the group! You made a great choice in coaches and this group is full of entertainment and valuable advice.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Welcome, Mike. You have found the right place!

I bought my coach from the factory about 5-6 years ago. (My first ever coach) They are a great bunch of folks. If you have not done it, ask one of the sales guys to give you a production tour. It will be fun to see how they are made....but more importantly, you will see the "insides" of the coach. (The stuff that is under the shiny marble and stainless). For example, the electric motors that run the slides, the routing of the electric lines and hot water tubing from fore to aft.

They will give you a fast-paced delivery orientation. That will get you started, but if you are like me, you will soon forget and have to relearn it all. When you have questions, ask them here! The factory support hot-line number is always there, but the guys are extremely busy and I hate to call them with a question that could easily answered.

Finally, you will be near Grand Lake in Oklahoma when you are at the factory. I do not fish, but I hear its a good lake!

Have fun with the coach!
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks for the welcome. I did ask for and received a great factory tour. I spent allot of time checking out how they make the coaches and more importantly how they support them. So far I'm very impressed. I have been sailing the past few years and I have been trying to avoid at all costs the problems which abound in the sailing world. No shipbuilder anywhere I have been, design, build, and support there products like Newell. At least thats what I'm thinking.

Mike

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

Welcome Mike, That is a beautiful coach!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Congrats Mike. Glad you found us. Hope you will find your experience with your new coach to be all you hoped for.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome Mike !

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Congratulations on a great looking coach!! Welcome to the forum

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)