You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide uneven

Brought coach up to travel height this morning and brought the slides in. The front slide floor is fairly high on the back end under the dinette. Never seen it come in like this. Tried putting it back out and back in, even moved the coach to flatter ground and did it again but no luck. Anyone seem this before? Something I should be worried about?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

You just had floors put in, right?

Have you looked at the outside of the slide? Are the gaps like they were?

Are all the surfaces even with the slide out?

If you partially extend the slide until just before the floor starts to come up, you can get a good look at the floor structure from the side.

I suspect something shifted on your floor install. But that's just a suspicion.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yes, we had the floor done. It was about 2 months ago at this point, so we've had quite a number of cycles on the slide since then and the other day was when this started. It's this way now every time we bring the slide in. With the slide out, everything is flush and level and the gap looks about the same as it did when the floor were finished. One thing that was different is that where we had camped for about a week when this occurred is that we were on a fairly decent slope with the front of the coach being low - steep enough that raising the front as high as it would go and dropping the rear as low as it would go we were still not quite level.

We pulled the slide in today to change sites and I took a look at the outside while it was in. The top rear (by the dinette where this height unevenness is) seems to be pulled in a bit far at the top of the slide whereas the bottom of the slide appears to be the right depth. You can see the difference between top and bottom in the attached pic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

Had that happen to my front slide. Found that the ceiling in the bay under the back of the bay came loose and the floor pulled it up had to pull the panel down and rescuer with aluminum a/c tape. Just my 2 cents.

Roger1 coach#588 2001 triple slide 45.8