You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Xantrex inverterge

Last night mine quit passing through ac power . Switched to invert mode and drained the batteries. I just wired around the inverter and all inverter circuits are working normally now. Also added a battery charger to the chassis batteries and merged them with the house.  Any idea why the pass thru would go bad? Can't find a reset button and have cut all power and turned off batteries in an attempt to reset.. did my inverter just go bad? I have a xantrex 3012

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc,
On our Xantrex 2 Truecharge, you also have to disconnect it from the batteries as well as unplug it from incoming AC to get it to hard reset. If it sees any kind of connection it won't do the hard reset. Leave it disconnected for 5-10 mins to drain off any residual volatile memory in the controller. You might try Xantrex support but they were definitely not Newell quality in my dealings with them. If you got inverter/charger from Newell they may be able to expedite a replacement to you but may not happen until Monday. Ours is just a charger and not inverter/charger so it may operate a bit differently from yours.

I killed all the power including the battery discomnect

Marc Newman

You may have to actually disconnect the battery cables as some things likely bypass the battery disconnects, including the inverter in some Newells.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

One thing to remember when connecting and disconnecting inverters is to disconnect positive first and connect positive last. This is bass ackwards from how you normally do it. The reason is the inverter will ground through the control panel if there is no ground.
Failure to do it in that order can cook the control panel.

Marc, do you have breakers in the basement for inverter powered circuits?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yes I do.. I actually have wired around the inverter for now. Older coaches have a better deal they have a plug you can just plug into get around the inverter. I'm going to newell Thursday and will add the plug thing. Hoping the inverter didn't blow up on me.. it's only 6 months old so it's under warranty.

Marc Newman