You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor Microflush LF-210 toilet smell

i need to revive this topic.

we have been sitting still for nearly 4 months living in the newell. the mid bath stinks horrible when you flush the toilet. rear toilet has no smell.

my toilet goes straight down, the does a couple of 90's before it goes into the tank. there is no smell in the water bay.

we have been doing the chlorox/pinesall thing and i thought it helped at first but not anymore.

i do not stay hooked up to water and sewer. i dump and fill every 4 days or so. that way i can get a complete dump and also i know i get 4 fills out of the water softener tank.

i am perplexed, darlene is annoyed.

thoughts?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The two things I can add to the Clorox/pinesal drill that help keep the funk down are 1. The rotating wind vane style caps on the vent lines, 2 Rhonda washing clothes.

On the vent caps, the wind vane style uses the wind to pull a slight vac on the waste tank.

The washing machine uses a ton of water, so doing clothes sort of cleans the waste tank. I don’t think you have a washer, but you might try rinsing out the tank a few times.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

evidently newell is using these now.

anyone have any experience with them?

tom

https://360productsnorthamerica.com/bran...360-siphon

did you use the camco cyclone?

tom

Exactly. And oh yeah, this is counterintuitive, but running the exhaust fan in the bathroom makes it worse.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Check the top of the tank where the pipe goes in. The tanks deform over time and the center of the top sinks in...that releases the caulk that they used to seal the pipe to the tank.

I could not believe that it wasn’t something more than silicone....but guess what. That is all I had.

Recaulking helped a lot.

It also explains Richard’s finding about the exhaust fan.

For what its worth...bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

no smell in the bay and pipes are ok.

i will get a couple of the camco cyclones and put them on.

does anyone use any additives in the tank to help with odor?

tom

We use thetford from Walmart, along with Richard’s suggested mixture. I also flush the tank anytime we are at a locale wth high water pressure.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

How do you guys ‘flush’ your tank? I usually let mine fill all the way up and then let it go once a week when I am staying in the coach by myself - especially after washing clothes. I did notice that once my wife went back home the toilet room started smelling worse - she always dumped Fabuloso down the drain and let it sit in the toilet (even though I asked her NOT to)... didn’t seem to bother anything as the toilet still holds water for days on end. I’ll check the vents out and see if the pipes are loose down below (when the heat is less than 90 degrees outside! Who knew MD would be HOT!)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Do you have a small sink in the toilet room? The pro vent on the sink has a spring and rubber flap in it to keep the sewer gasses out. If it rusts and don't seal it may need replaced.

Just a thought.