You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking to buy $200-400K range

Dan
Soft advice here... but I recommend holding back some of your “budget” for first year repairs, upgrades, and or modifications. There’s no hard rule on how much or percentage but you don’t want to blow your entire budget and then have a major repair a month or two later. Or maybe your wife hates the carpet or whatever. That way you’ve already prepared mentally and financially. I think 10% of price is a good reserve but that can certainly vary based on many variables.

Lots of times, sellers of coaches are selling because they aren’t using the coach as much as they used to and often don’t maintain it or fix things in good time. Doesn’t mean they are bad coaches just that the first year may have unforeseen issues.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

(11-28-2017, 10:23 PM)Junior Guru Wrote:  Michael day
I love reading your comments on Newell history. I think you’ve probably done more documentation than anyone, probably even more than Newell themselves!  It’d be cool to have a professionally hard bound book of Newell history. If you ever decide to tackle that project I’d be happy to chip in.

I appreciate all of the info & suggestions that people are posting.  I look forward to learning from each of you.

Thanks,
Dan

i frequently talk to folks as they are looking at coaches. jason is spot on. and many others here who have bought coaches can chime in. no matter what diligence you do, you Will find something that doesnt work, that you want to change or that breaks as you drive it away. or find something that is damaged and you didnt catch it.

another thing to consider is who is your warranty with? mine is with me and newellgurus. if you dont work on things yourself as much as you can, or if you take it to newell for everything to fix, it will be very very expensive to maintain. if you need to have someone fix things for you and it isnt newell, then be prepared to pay that shop to learn how to fix your rig.

for heavy mechanical things i either dont have the tools to do, or dont want to do, i have an expert bus mechanic that i trust that does it for me.

my two cents worth

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(11-28-2017, 09:40 AM)DanDohner Wrote:  My wife & I toured the factory yesterday.   Wow.  We have owned an 88 Vogue on a Crown Bus chassis and a 96 U320 Foretravel.  Time to move up to a Newell.  

Looking for any info / comments / help as this will be our first time as full timers.  Planning to full time for a few years.  Road trips about once per month. with 3 weeks at each destination.  I work (part time casual) in Oklahoma City, OK and have a site available here.  When not working here we will be on the road enjoying our coach.  Occasionally, two grandsons will travel with us.

Budget range $200-400K range.  Thanks.

Hello Dan,

my name is Ron Gripon. I have coach 660, 2003, 3 slide I'm considering. I happen to be sitting the newell RV park and Resort.  Just finishing some maintenance. We have been talking about moving up a bit. Id be happy to provide you with information, if you are interested.

Dan, that was supposed to be ""considering a change"".

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

(11-29-2017, 04:44 PM)Rongripon Wrote:  
(11-28-2017, 09:40 AM)DanDohner Wrote:  My wife & I toured the factory yesterday.   Wow.  We have owned an 88 Vogue on a Crown Bus chassis and a 96 U320 Foretravel.  Time to move up to a Newell.  

Looking for any info / comments / help as this will be our first time as full timers.  Planning to full time for a few years.  Road trips about once per month. with 3 weeks at each destination.  I work (part time casual) in Oklahoma City, OK and have a site available here.  When not working here we will be on the road enjoying our coach.  Occasionally, two grandsons will travel with us.

Hello Dan,

my name is Ron Gripon. I have coach 660, 2003, 3 slide I'm considering. I happen to be sitting the newell RV park and Resort.  Just finishing some maintenance. We have been talking about moving up a bit. Id be happy to provide you with information, if you are interested.

Ron, I live about 30 miles from where you are. I would have an interest in knowing more about your coach. Thanks, Rick

(11-29-2017, 08:55 PM)Living on Grand Wrote:  

Hello Dan,

Ron, I live about 30 miles from where you are. I would have an interest in knowing more about your coach. Thanks, Rick

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

(11-30-2017, 06:11 AM)Rongripon Wrote:  

Hello Dan,

Hello Rick,

The coach is number 660. three slides, Detroit series 60, 500 horse, all injectors have been replaced. all 8 batteries are new batteries, new steer tires and rear tires. dish satellite antenna. new radiator for both engine and generator, 20kw. two chairs and tall desk and storage behind driver and couch behind passenger. walk in closet in the rear and mid bath with separate water closet. convection microwave. full fridge. disposal. thin twin washer/dryer. queen plus bed. 98000 miles. outside freezer/fridge. finished air leak checks. front basement air check and repairs.

we will be here at least until tomorrow morning. if i can answer any questions, please let me know.. a i said, we are considering moving up a bit.

thanks, Ron

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

(11-30-2017, 06:28 AM)Rongripon Wrote:  
(11-30-2017, 06:11 AM)Rongripon Wrote:  

Hello Dan,

Hello Rick,

The coach is number 660. three slides, Detroit series 60, 500 horse, all injectors have been replaced. all 8 batteries are new batteries, new steer tires and rear tires. dish satellite antenna. new radiator for both engine and generator, 20kw. two chairs and tall desk and storage behind driver and couch behind passenger. walk in closet in the rear and mid bath with separate water closet. convection microwave. full fridge. disposal. thin twin washer/dryer. queen plus bed. 98000 miles. outside freezer/fridge. finished air leak checks. front basement air check and repairs.

we will be here at least until tomorrow morning. if i can answer any questions, please let me know.. a i said, we are considering moving up a bit.

thanks, Ron

Thanks for the reply Ron, I have been out of pocket with work for the last couple of days. Sorry I missed you

(11-29-2017, 08:40 AM)encantotom Wrote:  i frequently talk to folks as they are looking at coaches.  jason is spot on.  and many others here who have bought coaches can chime in.  no matter what diligence you do, you Will find something that doesnt work, that you want to change or that breaks as you drive it away.  or find something that is damaged and you didnt catch it.  

another thing to consider is who is your warranty with?  mine is with me and newellgurus.  if you dont work on things yourself as much as you can, or if you take it to newell for everything to fix, it will be very very expensive to maintain.  if you need to have someone fix things for you and it isnt newell, then be prepared to pay that shop to learn how to fix your rig.  

for heavy mechanical things i either dont have the tools to do, or dont want to do, i have an expert bus mechanic that i trust that does it for me.  

my two cents worth

tom

Agreed.....good advice.

Thanks Tom

Hello Dan,

Hi Ron,

I am definitely interested...however the timing is too early.  You can contact me through this forum or (904) 545-0800 mobile phone or [email protected]

Regards,
Dan

(12-03-2017, 09:36 AM)DanDohner Wrote:  
(11-29-2017, 08:40 AM)encantotom Wrote:  i frequently talk to folks as they are looking at coaches.  jason is spot on.  and many others here who have bought coaches can chime in.  no matter what diligence you do, you Will find something that doesnt work, that you want to change or that breaks as you drive it away.  or find something that is damaged and you didnt catch it.  

another thing to consider is who is your warranty with?  mine is with me and newellgurus.  if you dont work on things yourself as much as you can, or if you take it to newell for everything to fix, it will be very very expensive to maintain.  if you need to have someone fix things for you and it isnt newell, then be prepared to pay that shop to learn how to fix your rig.  

my two cents worth

tom

Agreed.....good advice.

Thanks Tom

Hello Dan,

Hi Ron,

I am definitely interested...however the timing is too early.  You can contact me through this forum or (904) 545-0800 mobile phone or [email protected]

Regards,
Dan
Merry Christmas Dan, as you are doing, we are looking at another coach. While timing is critical sometimes, good things happen when it's time. My phone number is 830-534-8459, [email protected], if you'd like to discuss anything about the coach..presently we are headed to Galveston for some fun on the gulf.  good things happen to good people, good luck, 

Ron

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster